31st December 2020
Our very best wishes for your health and happiness for the New Year. We hope you have had a good, restful break over the Christmas season.
Our new timetable will begin on 11th January and will remain on line, initially for 4 weeks, and thereafter until the current restrictions are updated. We want to get back to face to face teaching as soon as possible.
If you have not practised yoga with us previously and are interested in joining one of our on-line classes then please give us a call. Whilst we have not included an introductory class on our January programme due to the restrictions, this will be reviewed in February.
As previously booking for classes will be on-line but if you need any assistance with that, please get in touch.
Helen and Heather
26th November 2020
Following the Government announcement today (26th November) that Lancashire remains in Tier 3 together with updated restrictions for indoor leisure classes, we are unfortunately unable to reopen the studio until such time as this changes.
We will therefore continue to deliver classes via Zoom up until the 18th December after which there will be a Christmas break and hopefully some better news in January.
Please get in touch if you have any queries about the on-line classes.
Helen and Heather
17th November 2020
We have been advised by the IY UK about forthcoming free taster classes in universities for students that start next Monday. There is a full programme of 10 classes each week that can be booked via the IY(UK) website. Here is the link with more details. If your have students in your friends or family, please pass this on.
1st November 2020
Following the Government’s announcement on 31st October 2020 we regretfully will be suspending “in studio” classes with effect from Thursday 5th November. Classes from Monday 2nd to Wednesday 4th November will continue as programmed. The Tuesday evening Zoom class will continue to run and further on-line classes are being added to the schedule to replace some of the suspended “in studio” classes.
You will be able to book and make payment for the on-line Zoom classes via our new class booking page (see the main Classes menu). This is a new venture for us so if you have any comments on the process or the email confirmations you will receive, please let us know. Also if you are unable to book for classes in this way, if you send an email or give us a call we can book you in.
If you need to borrow equipment again, please email or give Heather a call 07535247474 to arrange a time to collect.
Helen and Heather
23rd September 2020
Further to the Government announcement yesterday, this is just to confirm that the restrictions on indoor leisure activities apply to team sport, therefore classes will continue as detailed below in the update from 7th September.
The next 4-week block of classes is due to start in the week beginning 5th October. Next week we will be asking students attending current classes to confirm their existing spot for a further 4 weeks and will then release any vacant spaces. Please get in touch if you would like to go on our waiting list detailing which class type and time you would prefer.
7th September 2020
We hope you, your friends and families are still all keeping safe and well.
We are happy to announce that our Ribble Valley Yoga studio in Clitheroe reopened today. We are very excited and looking forward to welcoming our students back to class.
The reopening timetable is now fully operational and includes a continuation of Zoom classes on Tuesday evenings with Helen to support students who aren’t able to book on a studio class, who are not yet ready to return or who simply want to do an extra class.
In preparing for reopening the studio have followed Sport England and the Iyengar Association guidelines, which are based on Government requirements. This means the following changes have been made to how classes run at the studio:
- Class sizes will be limited to a maximum of 7 or 8 to ensure social distancing can be maintained. This means that we will need students to book ahead in 4-week blocks. We know you value the flexibility of being able to swop or miss classes dependant on your weekly schedules but for the time being attendance will need to be a little more structured with classes being paid for in non-transferable blocks.
- The current timetable is here and we would ask that contact us to book so we can allocate you a place. For now, and so that we can control student numbers in the studio, you need to block book your classes in advance either by email or telephone. Currently for the 4-week block classes listed in the reopening timetable there remains one place on Wednesday at 10.00 am. The Tuesday Zoom class is unlimited
- We will continue to provide equipment as needed and will set up a ‘yoga station’ for each student in the studio, ensuring all surfaces are cleaned between use. If possible, we ask that you bring your own blanket and belt as these are items which cannot be cleaned easily between classes. You can, of course, bring all your own equipment if you prefer and all items are available for sale from the studio at reasonable rates.
- Hands will need to be washed or sanitised as you enter and leave the studio and facilities for this will be provided. There will be staggered access and entry to the studio.
- We have contacted students with an existing existing class pass asking how they wish to proceed, dependent on their ability to access face to face classes. If you are unable to attend any face to face classes then a full refund will be offered. Please get in touch to arrange. If you were part way through an introductory programme, let us know if you wish to complete your course and we will put this in the timetable if there is enough interest. Otherwise you could complete your course through a general class.
- Helen will continue to teach online on Tuesday evenings. This will be an intermediate class where inversions and intermediate postures will be practised. You can call to discuss if needed.
On-line Zoom classes
During the lockdown we provided on-line classes for our students. Iyengar Yoga UK have also confirmed that we are able to teach students via on-line classes if they have not been regularly taught face to face by us previously. If you are new to Ribble Valley Yoga and are interested in joining a virtual class, please give one of us a call for a telephone introductory discussion.
As we work to re-open studio for face to face/live classes we are also investigating options to introduce combined on-line and live class provision due to the current limitation of student numbers and will update you as this progresses.
Disclaimer – In following the on-line class programme/sequence students agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which might occur as a result.
You will need to download Zoom to your phone, Ipad, tablet or laptop. You can download here https://zoom.us/support/download
Please let us know if you want support with downloading and we will do our best to help you with this.
Equipment for Zoom classes You will need a mat (you could also be on a wood floor if not) and ideally a blanket but you may not have other equipment such as pads, bricks, a yoga chair and a bolster. So a thick book or two, a stand chair, rolled up towels and firm pillows will be just as good and perhaps a dressing gown belt or scarf to substitute for a yoga belt. You can also if you wish buy equipment via the studio at reasonable rates or on line -e.g. Yoga Matters.
There is also an option to follow classes with other Iyengar yoga teachers. Some that we ourselves have used during the lockdown include with www.yogawithuday.com, the sheffieldyogacentre.co.uk or our teacher Alan Brown email@example.com. You will most likely be asked to register or have a discussion with them first.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or comment.
Helen and Heather