About classes at Ribble Valley Yoga in Clitheroe
Our yoga classes are suitable for people of all ages and levels of fitness. You don’t need to be fit or flexible to take part. We teach with the use of yoga props as devised by BKS Iyengar which helps even the very stiff to benefit from yoga.
B.K.S Iyengar says, “Yoga allows you to rediscover a sense of wholeness in your life”.
Classes at RVY are graded according to experience from beginners to more advanced levels.
We offer a range of payment options including block bookings and drop in. We recommend you arrive 5-10 minutes before the start of the class. Class sizes will be limited to avoid overcrowding.
What can you expect from yoga classes?
- A safe, methodical progression of yoga postures
- Technique – precision, alignment and awareness in performing yoga postures
- Sequencing to develop strength, flexibility, stamina, concentration and relaxation
- Clear demonstration and explanation by well qualified teachers
- Individual correction and adjustment by the teacher when necessary
Regular yoga classes are not suitable for students with certain medical conditions. Please inform your teacher before starting classes if you have any of the following:
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease or any heart problem
- Epilepsy including Petit Mal
- Cancer or benign tumours
- Ménière’s disease
- Detached retina
- MS (multiple sclerosis)
- ME (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis)
- If you have recently had an operation
- If you are pregnant or are undergoing IVF treatment
Having any of these conditions does not mean that you cannot practise yoga or that it will not be able to help you. If you are in any doubt or have any concerns about your ability to do yoga, please contact us.
At your first class you will be asked to complete a confidential health questionnaire available from your yoga teacher.